© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
6. Ellen Ann BEADLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1849 in Halling, it is not known when Ellen died.
Ellen Ann had the following child:
(1) Frederick Clement .
Frederick’s father is unknown but given his middle name it could well have been Ellen’s future husband, Clement BIRCH whom she married in the quarter ending September 1878, when she was age 29, in Bury, Lancashire. Clement was born 10/12/1838 in Bury & died 14/5/1922 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, age 83. An entry in the England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) reads: “BIRCH Clement of Hillview St. Philips Avenue Maidstone died 14 May 1922 at 515 Jubilee Avenue Winnipeg Manitoba Canada Probate London 9 December to Jonathan Birch builder. Effects £687.” (The equivalent of around £30,297 today.)
Clement & Ellen had the following children:
(1) Annie Eliza, born quarter ending June 1879 in Bury. (2) Jonathan, born quarter ending March 1881 in Maidstone. (3) Daisy Ellen, born quarter ending June 1883 in Maidstone. (4) Edward, born quarter ending March 1885 in Maidstone. (5) Clement Arthur, born quarter ending March 1888 in Maidstone.
There are references in the passenger records to Ellen travelling between Canada & England after Clement’s death. On 14/4/1924 she left Southampton bound for Montreal on board the Minnedosa, arriving 28/4/1923. On 25/7/1928 she arrived in Southampton from Quebec on board the Empress of Scotland. And on 29/6/1929 she arrived in Montreal from Southampton on board the Ascania.
7. Edward William BEADLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1850 in Halling, Edward William died quarter ending March 1936 in Strood, age 85. Occupation: Sail maker.
In the quarter ending December 1874, when Edward William was age about 24, he married Frances Rebecca PETERS in Gravesend. Frances Rebecca was born about 1846 in Snodland. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children all born Snodland:
(1) Edward Thomas Peters, born 22/10/1878 & baptized 8/1/1879 at All Saints Church, Snodland. Edward died 2/3/1960 in Chatham, age 81. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BEADLE Edward Thomas Peters of 21 King Arthurs Drive Strood Rochester died 2 March 1960 at 39 Watts Avenue Rochester Probate London 4 May to Minnie Maria Beadle widow. Effects £3737 9s. 3d. (Worth around £80,000 today.) On 7/2/1923, when Edward was age 44, he married Minnie Maria BRIDGES (1881-1967) In St Nicholas of Myra Church, Strood. There’s no evidence they had any children. (2) Francis Richard Parker . (3) Joseph Abel B, born quarter ending December 1882. (4) Sarah Eliza P, born quarter ending June 1886.
8. Henry Thomas BEADLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending June 1852 in Halling, Henry Thomas died 29/10/1914 at London Road, West Malling, age 62. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BEADLE Henry Thomas of Alma Villa Holborough Road Snodland Kent died 28 October 1914 at London Road West Malling Kent Administration London 10 April to Catherine Beadle widow. Effects £155 17s 7d.” (The equivalent of around £16,224 today.) Occupation: Variously Engine driver; Insurance agent.
In the quarter ending December 1873, when Henry Thomas was age about 21, he married Ann CHITTENDEN in Malling. Ann was born about 1853 & died probably in late July 1878, age 25, in Malling. She was buried 3/8/1878 at All Saints Church, Snodland.
They had the following children, both born Snodland:
(1) Ann, born quarter ending March 1877. (2) Eva Jane, born about 1878. Eva Jane died quarter ending March 1879, age 1, and was buried 24/4/1879 at All Saints Church, Snodland.
On 26/10/ 1879, when Henry Thomas was age about 27, he married Catherine JOYCE in the Parish Church, Snodland. Catherine was born about 1856 in Southwark, London. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children, all born Snodland:
(1) Henry Thomas, born quarter ending December 1880. (2) Kate Adeline, born quarter ending December 1883. (3) Percy Allen, born quarter ending June 1889. (4) Florence May, born quarter ending December 1890. (5) Gladys Maud, born quarter ending December 1892.
(6) Dorothy Emma, born quarter ending September 1896.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|