© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
4. Sydney Edward Perkins BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born 28 Jun 1845 & baptized 22 Fe/2/1846 at St Peter, St Albans. No father is named on his birth or marriage certificates. Sydney died quarter ending December 1899 in Watford, age about 54.
On 5 Jul 1874, when Sydney was age 29, he married Emily SMITH, daughter of William SMITH, a Bricklayer, at Lambeth Register Office. Emily was born about 1848 in Coggeshall, Essex & died sometime after March 1901 but the exact date is unknown. Sydney & Emily had no children.
5. Horace William BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born 19 Mar 1851 in St Albans, Horace William died quarter ending June 1925 in Southwark, age 74. Also known as William Burridge. Served in India as a Sergeant in the 2/2nd Queen’s Regiment between around 1877-1881
In the quarter ending March 1873, when Horace was age about 22, he married Lavinia PARFORD in Stoke Dameral, Devon. Lavinia was born 8 Sep 1855 in St Germans, Cornwall & died 21 Mar 1930 in Southwark, age 74.
They had the following children:
(1) John Thomas, born April 1876 in Rame, Cornwall and died 16 Mar 1878 in Bombay. Age given in the burial record as 1 year 11 months. Cause of death given as Measles. John was buried 17 Mar 1878 in Bombay. (2) Elizabeth Ann, born 30/3/1879 in Moradabad, India & baptized there 14 Apr 1879. Elizabeth died 1965 in Plymouth age about 85. (3) Florence Maud, born 27 Jul 1881 in Holborn, London & died 16 Nov 1975 in East Dulwich, London, age 94. (4) Thomas William . (5) Eva Maud, born 27 Apr 1886 in Guildford and died 8 June 1968 in Chelmsford, Essex age 82. (6) Mary Jane Alma, born quarter ending December 1888 in Guildford. (7) Harry George .
6. Thomas William BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born quarter ending September 1853 in St Albans, Thomas William died quarter ending March 1930 in Wandsworth, age 76. Occupation: Fishmonger.
On 24 Jan 1884, when Thomas was age 30, he married Ellen CODEY at St Andrew Church, Holborn, London. Ellen was born about 1848 at St Giles in the Fields, London. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children, both born Westminster:
(1) Ellen Margaret, born quarter ending December 1885. (2) Florence, born quarter ending June 1889.
7. Herbert Edward BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born 31 Jul 1858 in St Pancras, London & baptized 30 Dec 1860 at Holy Trinity Church, Camden. Herbert died quarter ending June 1932 in Wandsworth, age 73. The first name given for the birth registration was Herbert, but the name given at baptism was Albert, a name he seems to have been known by throughout his life. It is the name recorded in all the censuses he appears in and is recorded in his death registration.
In the quarter ending September 1878, when Herbert was age about 20, he married Mary Ann Louise STRACHAN. Mary Ann Louise was born around 1864 in Shoreditch so was just 14 when she presumably lied about her age & married. Her first census as a married woman, in 1881, gives her age as 20 (she was 17) but in the 1891, 1901 & 1911 censuses record the ages 27, 37, 47 respectively, all of which are consistent with an 1864 birth. Mary Ann died quarter ending June 1931 in Lambeth, age about 66.
They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth, born quarter ending December 1880 in Southwark. (2) Albert Edward, born quarter ending March 1884 in Holborn. (3) Joseph William, born quarter ending June 1886 in Southwark. (4) Ellen Louisa, born quarter ending June 1888 in Southwark. (5) Thomas William, born February 1891 in Southwark. (6) Florence Amelia, born quarter ending September 1893 in Lambeth. (7) Rose Amelia, born quarter ending March 1896 in Lambeth. (8) Florence Louisa, born quarter ending September 1898 in Lambeth. (9) Arthur, born quarter ending March 1900 in Lambeth. (10) George, born about 1904. (11) Ernest, born quarter ending September 1906 in Lambeth.
8. William Henry BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1861 in Lambeth, William Henry died quarter ending March 1939 in Sheppey, Kent, age about 77. Occupation: Carpenter.
In the quarter ending September 1889, when William was age about 28, he married Olivia MOGG in Westminster. Olivia was born quarter ending September 1866 in Somerton, Somerset & died 10 Feb 1944 in Sheppey, age about 77. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BURRIDGE Olivia of 114 St George Avenue Sheerness Kent widow died 10 February 1944 Probate Llandudno 14 March to Bertram Charles Burridge driller H.M. dockyard. Effects £152 16s 6d.” (The equivalent of around £6,411 today.)
They had the following children, all born in Sheerness, Kent:
(1) Lilian Olivia, born quarter ending March 1890 & died 31 Mar 1947 at The County Hospital, Minster-in-Sheppey, Kent. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BURRIDGE Lilian Olivia of 114 St Georges Avenue Sheerness Kent spinster died 31 March 1947 at The County Hospital Minster-in-Sheppey Kent Administration London 2 August to Bertram Charles Burridge driller. Effects £695 3s 9d.” (The equivalent of around £26,757 today.) (2) William Henry . (3) Walter, born quarter ending December 1892. (4) Bertram Charles . (5) Henrietta Mary, born quarter ending December 1896.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|