© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 1 of 3 showing the descendants of William Burridge & Mary Perkins of St. Albans, Hertfordshire. It shows the link by marriage to the Harris family. There are two more Harris families in our tree, from Brenchley & Halling, Kent. As far as we know they are not connected. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse by following the numbered (e.g. ) or parental ([Parents]) links.
1. William BURRIDGE. Baptized 31 Mar 1793 in Sandridge, Hertfordshire, William died quarter ending June 1849 in St Albans, age about 56. He was the son of William & Elizabeth Burridge but nothing further is known about them.
On 1 Feb 1817, when William was age about 23, he married Mary PERKINS at St Peter, St Albans. Mary was baptized 22 Jan 1792 in St Peter, St Allbans with the baptism register noted that she was “base born” or illegitimate (no father was named). Mary died quarter ending June 1873, aged 82.
They had the following children, all baptized at St Peter, St Albans:
(1) Joseph, baptized 2 May 1819. (2) Mary Ann, baptized 25 Mar 1821. (3) Harriett . (4) Esther, baptized 6 Aug 1826. (5) Edmund Edward . (6) Thomas, 14 Aug 1831. (7) Elizabeth Anna, baptized 3 Jan 1836.
2. Harriett BURRIDGE [Parents]. Baptized 19 Oct1823 at St Peter, St Albans, Harriett died quarter ending March 1893 in St Albans, age 69.
Harriett had the following children who would have been considered illegitimate at the time; the father(s) are unknown. All were baptized at St Albans Abbey:
(1) Sydney Edward Perkins . (2) Mary Ann Elizabeth, baptized 29 Jun 1862. (3) Catherine Ann Matilda, baptized 29 Jun 1862. (4) Esther Rose, baptized 29 Jun 862. On 18 May 1882, when Esther Rose was age about 20, she married Frederick George HARRIS, son of Thomas HARRIS & Eliza HEATHFIELD, at St James Parish Church, Kensington, Surrey. Esther Rose died 31 Jan 1921 in St Albans, age about 66 & was buried at Hatfield Road Cemetery, St Albans.
In the quarter ending September 1861, when Harriett was age about 37, she married William GROVER in St Albans. William was born 24 Nov 1813 in Sarratt & baptized 23 Dec 1813 in Aldenham. He died sometime between the 1881 and 1891 census but the exact date is unknown.
They had the following children:
(1) Thomas William, baptized 30 Oct 1864 at St Albans Abbey. In the quarter ending December 1884, when Thomas was age about 20, he married Elizabeth BRANDON in Wandsworth, which at that time was in Surrey. Elizabeth was born about 1864 in Belfast. (2) Harriet Helena, baptized 11 Jun 1867 at St Peter, St Albans. (3) George William, baptized 31 Jul 1870 in St Albans Abbey. George William died quarter ending September 1874, age 4, also in St Albans.
3. Edmund Edward BURRIDGE [Parents]. Baptized 21 Sep 1828 in St Peter, St Albans, Edmund was known as Edward during his lifetime. This is the name recorded in censuses & was used for his death registration in quarter ending December 1885 in Paddington, where he died age 57.
On 13 Mar 1850, when Edmund was age 21, he married Eliza TARBOX at St Peter, St Albans. Eliza was born about 1826 in Great Gaddesden, Hertfordshire. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children:
(1) Horace William . (2) Thomas William . (3) Arthur, born 3 Apr 1856 in St Pancras, Middlesex & baptized there 17 Apr 1856. Arthur died quarter ending March 1858, age 1. (4) Herbert Edward (known as Albert) . (5 Harriet Elizabeth, born 7 Dec 1860 in St Pancras & baptized 30 Dec 1860 at Holy Trinity Church, St Marylebone. Harriet died quarter ending September 1862, age about 18 months. (6) William Henry . (7) Edward, born about 1863 in London & died quarter ending September 1881, age about 18.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|