© S M Jones 2019. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 1 of 4 tracing the descendants of of Joshua Harris & Rebeckah MacQuire, originally of Harrold, Bedfordshire. Later generations lived in Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire & Northamptonshire. It shows the fourth generation link by marriage to the Jones family. There are two more Harris families in our tree, from Brenchley & Halling, Kent. As far as we know they are not connected. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse by following the numbered (e.g. ) or parental ([Parents]) links.
On 18/4/1784, when Joshua was age about 24, he married Rebeckah MACQUIRE at All Saints, Northampton. Rebeckah was born 6/11/1763 in Northampton & died some time before 6/6/1841 - she does not appear in the census taken that day.
They had the following children:
(1) Anne, baptized 23/9/1786 in Harrold. (2) James Macquire . It seems unlikely these were the only children, but we have so far been unable to trace any others.
2. James Macquire HARRIS [Parents]. Born about 1794 in Harrold, James died quarter ending June 1883 in Northampton, age about 88. Occupation: Saddler & Harness Maker.
On 27/8/1816, when James was age about 22, he married Rhoda Peacock LEA, daughter of John and Sarah LEA, in All Hallows Church, Wellingborough. Rhoda was baptized 15/9/1793 in Redbourn, Hertfordshire and died quarter ending September 1870 in Harrold, age about 76.
They had the following children, all born/baptized in Harrold:
(1) Charles . (2) Robert . (3) Rebecca, baptized 16/7/1820. (4) Emma, born about 1822. (5) Thomas . (6) Nancy, born 1826 & baptized 25/12/1832. (7) William John . (8) Frederick, baptized 4/5/1834.
3. Charles HARRIS [Parents]. Born about 1817 in Harrold, Charles died sometime before 5/4/1891 - he does not appear in the census taken that day. Occupation: Harness maker.
On 10/4/1839, when Charles was age about 21, he married Elizabeth BOYD in Harrold. Elizabeth was born about 1815 in Aldermaston, Berkshire. Elizabeth died quarter ending June 1873 in Reading, Berkshire, age about 58.
They had the following children:
(1) Louisa, born around July 1839 in Harrold & baptized there 18/8/1839. (2) William George, born around December 1841 in Harrold & baptized there 2/1/1842. (3) Emily, born around March 1844 in Harrold & baptized there 24/3/1842. (4) Edward, born about 1845 in Middlesex. (5) Eliza, born about 1848 in Mortimer, Berkshire. (6) Arthur . (7) Elizabeth Ann, born quarter ending December 1854 in Mortimer. (8) Henry, born quarter ending September 1856 in Mortimer.
In the quarter ending March 1877, when Charles was age about 59, he married Ruth TARRAN in Reading. Ruth was born about 1824 in Wellington, Shropshire & died quarter ending March 1877 in Reading, age about 52.
4. Robert HARRIS [Parents]. Born about 1819 in Harrold, Robert died there 20/4/1861, age about 41. Occupation: Carpenter.
On 19/5/1848, when Robert was age about 21, he married Mary ROOTHAM in Harrold. Born about 1822 in Harrold, Mary died there 16/2/1875, age about 52.
They had the following child:
(1) George .
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation
|Legal stuff and Cookies|