© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
9. William Henry DALLADAY [Parents]. Born 1853 in Woolwich & died quarter ending December 1928 in Hendon, age about 75. Occupation: Labourer.
In the quarter ending March 1897, when William Henry was age about 44, he married Ellen Maria THOMAS in Fulham, London. Ellen Maria was born 1864 in Bristol.
They had the following children both born Woolwich:
(1) Ridley Maurice, born 4/11/1900. In the quarter ending March 1932, when Ridley Maurice was age 31, he married Gladys Edith EXLEY in Edmonton, Middlesex. (2) Ralph Henry, born quarter ending June 1903 in Woolwich & died 1988 age about 85.
10. James Thomas DALLADAY [Parents]. Born 29/1/1860 in West Ham & baptized 21/12/1873, age 13, at St Mary Magdelene, Woolwich. James died 1/7/1941 at Gravesend & North Kent Hospital, age 81. Occupation: Headmaster of Gravesend Grammar School 1893-1898 & its Deputy Headmaster 1898-1907.
An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “DALLADAY James Thomas of 86 Darnley Road Gravesend Kent died 1 July 1941 at Gravesend and North Kent Hospital Gravesend Probate Llandudno 29 June  to Thirza Annie Dalladay spinster. Effects £1366 3s 8d.” (The equivalent of around £68,983 today.)
On 28/12/1886, when James Thomas was age 26, he married Annie Elizabeth SHIEL, daughter of Robert SHIEL, a shoe maker, at St Mary’s Church, Lewisham, London. Annie was born quarter ending March 1866 in Marylebone, London & died 1923, age about 57.
They had the following child:
(1) James Clement, born quarter ending June 1888 in Lewisham & died quarter ending March 1889, age about 9 months.
11. John George DALLADAY [Parents]. Born 1863 in West Ham & died 30/12/1933 in Leytonstone, age 70. Occupation: Civil servant, General Post Office.
An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “DALLADAY John George of 19 Forest Glade Leytonstone Essex died 30 December 1933 Probate London 21 February  to Herbert John Dalladay bank clerk and Arthur William Bertram Smith engineer. Effects £2594 15s 4d.” (The equivalent of around £164,000 today.)
In the quarter ending September 1886, when John George was age about 23, he married Louisa BARNES in Frome, Somerset. Born 1861, Louisa died around 1950, age about 89.
They had the following children:
(1) Louisa Amy, born quarter ending September 1887 in Lambeth & died 1976 in Welwyn, Herts. (2) Herbert John, born quarter December 1889 in Lambeth & baptized 16/2/1890 at St John the Evangelist, Brixton. Herbert John died 1978. (3) Arthur James, born quarter ending December 1894 in West Ham & died 1989 in Gravesend, age about 94. On 9/11/1918, when Arthur James was age 24, he married Jane Elise BRACKLEY, daughter of Charles Simeon BRACKLEY, at All Hallows Parish Church, Tottenham. Jane was born around 1897 & died around 1923, age about 25.
12. Samuel Frederick DALLADAY [Parents]. Born 3/9/1864 in West Ham & died 1955 in Hastings, Sussex, age 89. Occupation: Writer, clerk (1881); Professor of Music (1891); Organist & teacher of music (1901).
In the quarter ending September 1886, when Samuel Frederick was age about 21, he married Emmeline BILLING, daughter of John & Martha BILLING in West Ham. Born 1/12/1864 in Bow & baptized 18/8/1867 at St Paul’s, Bow Common, Emmeline died 1/6/1955 in Hastings, age 90.
An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “DALLADAY Emmeline of 82 Priory Avenue Hastings widow died 1 June 1955 Probate Lewes 31 October to Doris Dalladay spinster. Effects £28778 12s 10d.” (The equivalent of around £710,841 today.)
The 1939 register suggests a possible daughter, Doris, date of birth 2/3/1917 and stated to be single. However, there is no trace of a birth registration for 1917 (+/- 1 year) in the GRO index. The Register entry may relate to Doris Maud Dalladay, Samuel’s first cousin, twice removed, but she has a different birth date (8/6/1920) and was married in 1955 so not the spinster in the National Probate Calendar entry.
Fifth Generation (continued)
|Legal stuff and Cookies|