© S M Jones 2016. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
On 28/5/1855, when Henry was age 23, he married married Hannah LAMBERT in Brenchley. Born 28/8/1826 in Brenchley, Hannah died quarter ending September 1863 in Tunbridge, age about 37.
They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth born about 1856. (2) Henry, born about 1860 in Brenchley. Occupation plumber, painter. In the quarter ending June 1884, when Henry was age about 23, he married Jane Elizabeth JONES, daughter of Joseph JONES & Elizabeth WRIGHT, in Brenchley. Henry died 25/10/1928 in Lewisham Hospital, age about 68. An entry in the England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) reads: “HARRIS Henry of 90 Springbank Road Lewisham Kent died 25 October 1928 at Lewisham Hospital Lewisham Administration London 16 March to Harriett Mould widow [Henry’s sister in law]. Effects £93.” (The equivalent of around £4,700 today.) Henry & Jane had no children. (3) Martha, born in the quarter ending September 1862 in Brenchley, Kent.
In the quarter ending September 1867, when Henry was age about 35, he married Harriet Adelaide LAMBERT in Newington, London. Harriet was born about 1836 in Brenchley & is believed to be Hannah’s sister.
They had the following children, all baptized in Brenchley:
(1) Herbert . (2) Kate, baptized 5/9/1870. (3) William Archibald, born in the quarter ending September 1871 & baptized 15/8/1872. William died quarter ending June 1892, age about 20, also in Brenchley. (4) Jarvis Lambert . (5) Gertrude, born about 1877. (6) Adelaide, born about 1879.
2. Herbert HARRIS [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1868 in Brenchley & baptized there 11/4/1868. It is not known when Herbert died. Occupation: House decorator.
In the quarter ending December 1899, when Herbert was age 31, he married Clara Jane WHITE in Tunbridge.
They had the following child:
(1) Herbert Leslie, born about August 1900 in Westminster, London.
3. Jarvis Lambert HARRIS [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1873 in Brenchley & baptized there 30/3/1873, Jarvis died 11/3/1941 in Strood, age 68. Occupation: Grocer’s Assistant.
An entry in the England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) reads: “HARRIS Jarvis Lambert of Chepstow North Halling Kent [sic] died 11 March 1941 Probate Llandudno 28 August to Rowland Lambert Harris grocer. Effects £931 6s.” (The equivalent of around £47,015 today.)
In the quarter ending December 1903, when Jarvis was age 30, he married Jessie Laura TURTLE in Godstone, Surrey. Jessie Laura was born about 1872 in Brixton, London. It is not known when Jessie died.
They had the following children:
1) Rowland Lambert, born quarter ending September 1908 in Limpsfield, Surrey. In the quarter ending September 1931, when Rowland was age about 23, he married Violet E. WARD in Faversham, Kent. Rowland died October 1996, in Hillingdon, age 88. (2) Adelaide, born quarter ending June 1912 in Godstone.
Thinking of discovering more about your family tree? Visit our linked site FindMyAncestor.net for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|