© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
1. Jonathan WRIGHT. Born either 1791 (if age at death is correct) or about 1793 (if age in 1871 census is correct) in Swinford, Leicestershire. Jonathan died 3/1/1875, in Knossington, age given as 84. Occupation: Labourer.
On 5/12/1824 when Jonathan was age about 31, he married Jane BUZZARD, daughter of Mary BUZZARD, in Knossington. Baptized 20/11/1803 in Great Easton, Leicestershire, Jane died quarter ending March 1874 in Knossington, age 70.
They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth . (2) Harriet, born 1835 in Knossington. Harriet died quarter ending June 1914 in Stroud, Gloucestershire, age 77. On 16/1/1883, when Harriet was age about 47, she married Charles JEFFERIES (1832-1916) in the Parish Church, Cainscross, Gloucestershire. They had no children. Harriet’s occupation, until her marriage, was School mistress.
2. Elizabeth Wright [Parents]. Baptized 6/11/1825 in Knossington & died there 4/6/1895, age 69. The cause of death was certified as “Abdominal Abscess” by W. Wear MRCS. Jane Elizabeth Harris (nee Jones) registered her mother’s death on 5/6/1895. Jane’s address was given as 4 Agar Street, Strand, London.
Elizabeth had the following child whose father is not given on his birth certificate and remains unknown:
(1) Frederick .
3. Frederick WRIGHT [Parents]. Born 10/4/1848 in Knossington and baptized 19/11/1848, Frederick died 24/9/1912 at Howe End, Kirkbymoorside in the North Riding of Yorkshire, age 64. Frederick’s father is unknown. His birth certificate records his grandparents, Jonathan Wright & Jane Wright formerly Buzzard, as his parents. On the certificate for his second marriage to Elizabeth Horsman, his father is given as Joseph Wright, occupation Saddler. This is likely to be a reference to his step father
Joseph Jones, a Saddler, with the family name changed to disguise Frederick’s illegitimacy. An entry in the England & Wales
National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations): “WRIGHT Frederick of Howe End Kirbymoorside [sic]
Yorkshire died 24 September 1912 Administration York 6 February  to Elizabeth Mary Wright widow. Effects £58 8s 6d.”
(The equivalent of around £6,148 today.) Occupation: Coachman, groom.
On 15/8/1867, when Frederick was age 19, he married Elizabeth COOK. Born 20/5/1848 in Dover, Elizabeth died before
census day, 5/4/1891. Frederick was desribed as a widower in the return.
They had the following children, all born Billesdon, Leicestershire:
(1) Benjamin Frederick, born quarter ending March 1868. On 27/9/1900, when Benjamin was age 32, he married Caroline Gee, daughter of George Gee, a Plate Layer, at All Souls Church, St Marylebone, London. Caroline was born quarter ending June 1863 in Cosby, Leicestershire. (2) Charles Henry . (3) Harriet Ann, born quarter ending June 1871. (4) Jesse, born about 1872. (5) Jane, born about 1873. (6) Henry Lloyd, born quarter ending December 1874. (7) Mary Ann, born quarter ending March 1877. (8) Eva Mabel, born quarter ending March 1888.
On 4/12/1897, when Frederick was age 49, he second married Elizabeth Mary HORSMAN, daughter of Charles HORSMAN, at the Parish Church of St Olave Marygate, York. Born 1848, it is not known when Elizabeth Mary died.
They had the following child:
(1) Florence Mary, born quarter ending December 1902 in Driffield, Yorkshire.
Click images to enlarge
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment..
|Legal stuff and Cookies|