© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
9. Luke HOWARD [Parents]. Born 7/6/1853 in Holmfirth & baptized 30/10/1853 in Holy Trinity Church, Holmfirth, Luke died quarter ending March 1899, age about 45. Occupation: Woollen warper.
In the quarter ending December 1889, when Luke was age about 36, he married Alice BOTTOMLEY in Saddleworth. Alice was born about 1853 in Saddleworth & died there quarter ending September 1926, age about 73.
They had the following children, both born Saddleworth:
(1) James Thomas, born about 1891. (2) Elsie, born about 1893.
10. Vincent HOWARD [Parents]. Born 27/10/1856 in Holmfirth & baptized 12/4/1857 in St David, Holmbridge. Vincent died quarter ending December 1911 in Stockport, age 55. Occupation: Felt hatter.
In the quarter ending June 1883, when Vincent was age about 27, he married Sarah Jane BRIERLEY who was born about 1857 in Delph.
They had the following children, both born Delph:
(1) Henrietta Maria, born quarter ending December 1884. It is not known when she died. In the quarter ending June 1923, when Henrietta was age 39, she married Francis C. WILLIAMS in Stockport. It is not known when Francis was born or died. (2) Adeline Brierley, born quarter ending June 1890 & died quarter ending June 1979 in Staincliffe, Lancashire, age 89. In the quarter ending September 1916, when Adeline was age 26, she married Leopold LOMAS (1889-1962) in Stockport. On 1/1/1963 in Wakefield, probate was granted to Adeline with effects valued at £325 (the equivalent of around £6,530 today).
11. Lister HOWARD [Parents]. Born 26/8/1857 in Holmfirth & baptized 27/12/1857 in St David, Holmbridge, Lister died quarter ending September 1933 in Stockport, Cheshire, age about 75. Occupation: Felt hatter.
In quarter ending June 1890, when Lister was age about 31, he married Mary Jane WRIGLEY. Born about 1863 in Delph, it is not known when Mary Jane died.
They had the following children, all born Stockport:
12. Harry HOWARD [Parents]. Born 29/3/1872 in Saddleworth, Harry died 23/12/1922 in Manchester, age 50. Occupation: Shoemaker.
On 12/7/1909, when Harry was age 37, he married Ethel Hunter PEARSON in St John’s, Old Trafford, Manchester. Ethel was
born 2/8/1883 in Hulme, Manchester, & died 14/3/1955 in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, age 71.
They had the following children:
(1) Norman, born 26/6/1910 in Manchester & died 16/6/1955 in Salford, age 44. (2) Olive Ethel, born 5/2/1912 in
Manchester & died 13/10/1907 in Bridport, Dorset, age 75.
Third Generation (continued)
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|